By accessing and using any part of the Sites including any services thereunder (the “Services”), you agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms. The terms “LEARNTech Asia”, “LTA”, “we“, “us“, and “our” refer to LEARNTech Asia. The term “You” or “your” refers to the entity or individual who is accessing LTA’s Services pursuant to these Terms.
LEARNTech Asia reserves the right to revise these Terms at our sole and absolute discretion at any time by posting the changes on the Services. Changes become effective immediately after posting. You are deemed to accept these changes by your continued use of the Services after the changes become effective. You should visit the Services regularly to ensure you are aware of the latest version of the Terms. Notwithstanding the foregoing, no revision to these Terms will apply to any dispute between you and LEARNTech Asia that arose prior to the date of such revision.
Intellectual Property, Copyright and Trademark
The Services contain, without limitation graphics, images, texts, layouts, arrangements, displays, illustrations, audio and video clips, HTML files and other materials protected by copyrights or other proprietary rights and laws owned by LTA, our affiliates, licensors, partners and/or the Content Creators (collectively, the “Proprietary Material”). Any use of such Proprietary Material other than as permitted herein is expressly prohibited without the prior permission of LTA, our partner(s) and/or the Content Creator(s) in writing.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos (the Trademarks) used and displayed on or in our Services are the registered or unregistered Trademarks of LTA, our partners and/or third parties (including the Content Creators), and are protected pursuant to Singapore and/or foreign trademark laws. All rights are reserved and you may not alter or obscure the Trademarks, or link to them without our prior written approval or the written approval of the owner of the relevant Trademark.
Acceptable Use Policy
You agree to use the Services in accordance with these Terms and all applicable laws. As a condition of accessing the Services, you agree not to (a) reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services other than as expressly allowed under these Terms; (b) use LTA’s and/or any partner’s name, trademarks, server or other materials in connection with, or to transmit, any unsolicited communications or emails; (c) use any high-volume, automated or electronic means to access the Services (including without limitation, robots, spiders, scripts or web-scraping tools); (d) frame the Services, place pop-up windows over its pages or otherwise affect the display of its pages; or (e) interfere with or disrupt the Services or servers or networks connected to the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Services.
You further acknowledge and agree that you will not post any of the following content (“Prohibited Content”) anywhere on the Services:
- Content that appears to be in an unfinished or nonsensical state, whether published intentionally or unintentionally
- Content that defames, harasses or threatens others
- Content that is likely to cause offence, embarrassment or annoyance to others Content that discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities, or encourages others to commit such activities
- Content that infringes or misappropriates another’s Intellectual Property Rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks or trade secrets
- Content that you do not have the right to disclose under contractual confidentiality obligations or fiduciary duties
- Content that is offensive, obscene, sexually explicit, discriminatory or deceptive
- Advertising, promotional materials or any form of commercial solicitation
- Content that otherwise harms other visitors to the Services
- Content that is otherwise unlawful or that violates any applicable local, state, national or international law
LTA reserves the right to remove any and all Prohibited Content from the Services. Subject to these Terms, copyrighted material, including without limitation software, graphics, text, photographs, sound, video and musical recordings, may not be placed on the Services without the express permission of the owner of the copyright in the material, or you being entitled to any other legal entitlement to use the material.
- If you are only browsing this website, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually.
- If you choose to make an application or send us an e-mail for which you provide us with personally identifiable data, we may share necessary data with other LEARNTech Asia related agencies, so as to serve you in the most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. We will NOT share your personal data with other companies or government entities, except where such entities have been authorized to carry out specific services.
- For your convenience, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied us or other LEARNTech Asia agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions.
- Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us the latest data. We will retain your personal data only as necessary for the effective delivery of services to you.
- To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security technologies.
- This site may contain links to other sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
Services may include personal opinions of readers who post comments in response to LTA articles. Neither readers’ comments on the Services, nor any links to other websites, are screened, moderated, approved, reviewed or endorsed by LTA or our partners. By posting to or viewing such forums or discussion groups, you acknowledge and agree that neither LTA nor any of our partners are responsible or liable for the content of any postings therein. LTA reserves the right (but is not obliged) to remove any content from such forums in our sole and absolute discretion.
The Services may give you access to links to third-party websites maintained or controlled by entities other than LTA and/or our partners (“Third Party Sites”). You acknowledge and agree that neither LTA nor our partners are responsible for nor do they routinely screen, approve, review or endorse any of these Third Party Sites and do not control them in any manner. Accordingly, you acknowledge and agree that LTA and our partners do not and cannot assume any responsibility or liability associated with your access and/or use of such Third Party Sites. You further acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to take appropriate steps to determine whether accessing a Third Party Site is appropriate or safe, and to protect your personal information, privacy, computer, mobile device or any files therein on such Third Party Sites without any reference whatsoever to LTA and/or our partners.
Limitation of Liability
You acknowledge and agree that LTA, our partners and/or the Content Creators will not be liable to you for any loss or damages, either actual or consequential, arising out of or relating to these Terms, or to your (or any third party’s) use of or inability to use the Services, or to your reliance upon information obtained from or through the Services. In particular, you acknowledge and agree that LTA, our partners and/or the Content Creators will have no liability for any consequential, indirect, punitive, special or incidental damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, or for any loss or damage arising from claims for defamation, errors, loss of data or interruption of data and/or personal data breach, loss of revenue, loss of business arising out of or relating to these Terms, whether based in contract, tort, statutory or other law, even if LTA, our partners and/or the Content Creators have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability so some of the limitations may not apply to you.
Nothing in this Agreement shall exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of LTA, our partners and/or the Content Creators.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Services are managed by LTA, a division of Kydon Holdings Pte Ltd, incorporated in the Republic of Singapore. Both LTA and you agree that any disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms, whether based in contract, tort, statutory or other law, will be governed by the law of the Republic of Singapore. Both LTA and you further acknowledge and agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
You acknowledge and agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless LTA, our partners, and/or the Content Creators, their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, employees, and assignees from any and all claims, liabilities, expenses and damages, including reasonable legal costs, made by any third party relating to or arising out of (a) your use or attempted use of the Services in violation of these Terms; (b) your violation of any law or rights of any third party; or (c) information that you post or otherwise make available on the Services, including without limitation, any claim of infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property or other proprietary rights.
If any provision of the Terms is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain in full force.
The Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and LTA in relation to the use of the Sites and Services. There are no warranties, covenants, conditions or other agreements, express or implied, collateral, statutory or otherwise, between you and LTA in connection with the subject matter of the Terms except as specifically set out herein.
LTA welcomes feedback on the Sites and the Services. All feedback and queries can be sent via LTA’s Contact page on learntechasia.com.
Published on July 20, 2020, and last updated on July 27, 2020